The Family Law solicitors at Hartley Healy are highly experienced in helping clients with sensitive and complex matters when it comes to determining the best care and arrangements for children involved in separation.
The law regarding children's matters is complex and our solicitors are able to advise you specifically to ensure the most appropriate outcome for the whole family. We are also able to provide you with appropriate referrals to Child Counsellors, Mediation Dispute Resolution Services, and other relevant organisations to help you develop a Parenting Plan or any appropriate arrangement.
What is a Parenting Plan?
A Parenting Plan can deal with one or more issues including:-
- With whom a child is to live;
- The time a child is to spend with the other parent;
- The allocation of parental responsibility for children;
- The manner in which parents will consult with each other about decisions made in relation to their children ( for example schooling, religious and cultural upbringing, overseas travel)
- The way in which any future disputes will be resolved.
- The way in which it is agreed that arrangements for the children can be changed;
- Financial support of your children;
- Or any other relevant matter;
The overriding consideration for developing a Parenting Plan remains that the best interest of your children. Parenting Plans are one of a number of options in relation to the care arrangements for children after separation. We will advise you specifically whether a parenting plan is appropriate in your case. Contact us now to make an appointment with our solicitors to discuss your situation.